About the Role
Due to our continued growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Civils Site
Manager for the Birmingham area.
The role of the Site Manager will involve:
· Assisting the Project Manager in the management of the site on a day to day basis.
· Responsibility for managing health, safety and environmental matters.
· Preparing and managing safety documentation WPP/TBRA etc.
· Controlling and issuing appropriate permits to work.
· Controlling and monitoring competencies on site.
· Maintaining the site diary, issuing works records, recording extra works etc.
· Preparing progress reports.
· Liaising with Project Quantity Surveyor on commercial matters.
· Managing labour, plant and materials on site in conjunction with the Foreman.
· Preparing timesheets, plant records etc.
· Managing sub-contractors effectively with emphasis on health, safety and quality.
· Liaising with client, designer, construction consultants etc.
The successful Site Manager will have:
Ideally, a minimum of five years’ construction experience with two years in a General Foreman/Site Supervisor role
A good knowledge and experience of civil engineering works including drainage, tarmac surfacing, paving and structures
CSCS Manager’s card
The ability to brief safety information to all site staff, read drawings effectively
An awareness of contract programme requirements
Can work clearly and accurately under pressure, to timescales, and be reliable and self-motivated
A full UK driving licence is essential
In return, we offer a competitive salary DOE, company car/allowance, 21 days
holiday plus statutory entitlement, and auto enrolment company pension scheme, life
and critical insurance along with other benefits.
About the Company
Walker Construction is a multi-disciplined construction company operating throughout the
UK. Founded in 1964 by three Walker brothers, Walker Construction is a family business at
Our purpose is to improve people’s lives by building the facilities and infrastructure that
communities need, provide opportunities for our people to learn, grow and progress and
work with our supply chain to promote the very best working practices as well as caring for the environment in which we work. We do this by holding true to our values, delivering
excellence for our clients and the community.