Walker Construction (UK) Limited is made up of four core Divisions:
+ General Civil Engineering & Construction
We operate from Offices in Buckinghamshire, East Malling and Surrey and with our Head Office in Folkestone, Kent. This geographical spread is intended to give local service within the offices operating areas giving the obvious benefits of quick response in those locations.
We are able to provide construction Design and Technical Services in the following areas:
- Roads (public and private)
- Bridges (road, rail and river)
- Drainage (surface water and foul, in both gravity and pumped systems)
- Railways (bridge refurbishment, platform construction and alterations etc…)
- Industrial and Commercial Buildings (Steel, concrete and traditional construction)
- Preparation of outline and detailed designs
- Assistance with Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007
- Implementation and compliance including the provision of CDM Co-ordinators
We also have Several Specialist Divisions:
- Walker Training – based at Park Farm Close, Folkestone specialising in Training for Health & Safety, Construction, Management, Rail, Office, Environmental, Streetworks and Security Skills.
- WSS Construction Consultants – based at Park Farm Road, Folkestone specialising in Health & Safety Management, Project Management, Design and Build, CDM/Planning Supervisor and Building Surveying.
- Walker Highways – based at Ross Way, Folkestone specialising in Traffic Management, Road Marking and Sign Installation.
- Walker Coatings – based at New Road, East Malling carry out shotblasting and industrial painting works within the construction industry.
- The Sign Shop – based at Ross Way, Folkestone specialising in Temporary Signs, Health & Safety Site Information Boards, Advertising Boards, Shop Frontage Signs, Road Signs, Vehicle signage and also catering for all PPE requirements.
- Walker Minor Works– based at Ross Way, Folkestone will undertake the demolition of a single garage to a three-storey building and can carry out earthworks from a garden pond to a major landscaping project.
- Star Waste Disposal – based at Ross Way, Folkestone offers rubbish skips ranging from 25 – 40 yd3 and 14m3. All types of rubbish can be catered for.
The Company has a turnover of some £32 million pounds per annum and directly employs in excess of two hundred staff.
In October 1993, we became Quality Assured to BS ISO 9002 and in October 2001 this was upgraded to BS ISO 9001. We are continually updating and revising our procedures to meet future demands and together with our training commitment, we hope that the quality of our staff, systems and procedures will improve.
We also hold Environmental Accreditation to ISO 14001 and Safety Accreditation to OHSAS 18001.
Walker Construction has an accepted Principal Contractor Licence valid from 1st March 2008, sponsored through Network Rail.